The Uniting Church Congregation at South West Rocks has served the local community for many decades. The town, like so many others on the Mid North Coast, has grown from a sleepy seaside village into a thriving population centre with an established local population and a large “floating” population of holiday makers.
South West Rocks is part of a group of congregations known collectively as the Lower Macleay River Multi Centre that, as well as South West Rocks, includes the Gladstone congregation and Yarrahapinni faith community. The three congregations share a minister, though the position is currently vacant.
The congregation is a warm and welcoming one and is very active in the community.
9 Landsborough Street, South West Rocks NSW 2431 - between Gregory Street and Memorial Avenue.
Service and Activity Times
- Sunday Services, 8:00am weekly
- Communion: 2nd Sundays
A Friendship group:
6:30pm 2nd Wednesday of each month at members’ homes for a shared meal
4th Saturday for a social activity
Community Opp Shop in Paragon Avenue, South West Rocks, which is open 6½ days a week
Book sale twice a year with proceeds to local charities
- Mini Movers, a developmental program for children under five years of age is held Tuesdays 10:00am to 12:00pm during the school terms
- Plaster fun activities Thursdays 9:00am to 12:00pm during the school holidays
- Members conduct services at two local nursing centres monthly.
- Pastoral and Property Hiring:
- Margaret Archer - Phone: 02 6566 7696
- Janette Wickham - Phone: 02 6566 5364